India abounds in bird life and the diversity of this land makes it one of the most amazing birding place on earth. Hence lot of birding tours are organized by travel agents for bird watching in India.
Zoo Geography of India
Indian Subcontinent along with South and South East Asia is classified as Oriental Region. India has been divided into many regions which have affinity with different Zoo geographical regions of the World as following....
1) Himalyan sub-region has affinity with Paleartic Region.
2) Affinity with the Ethiopian Region in the West India.
3) North India below the Himalyam sub region is comprises of the Gangetic plain.
4) Peninsular India bordered on the North West by the Aravallis and the North by the Vindhya Mountains on the West by the Arabian Sea and the East by Bay of Bengal. The south west though comes under the peninsular region due to humidity and height has affinity with East India and Burma. Both are classified as true tropical forests.
5) The North East and Bangladesh region consists of delta of Brahmaputra and Ganga. The North East region also extends further to cover Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Nagaland which have affinity with the Chinese sub-region.
Due to its unique zoo geography India abounds in birds and there are 1200 species of birds found in India including the winter migrants. If sub species are included the figure goes up to 2000 thousand.
There are many important birding areas in India. Among the popular sanctuaries are Bharatpur, Nal Sarovar, Chilika Lake and Ranganthithoo to mention few.
Tiger Surprise: Out of The Tunnel!
6 days ago